As a digital accessibility consultant and trainer, I often get asked about accessibility regulations and best practices when it comes to videos and live events - especially now that so many conferences and meetings have gone virtual. As we embrace our new normal - what should we consider when it comes to creating videos and live streaming events with inclusivity in mind? What does accessibility mean for multimedia?
This session will cover:
- WCAG accessibility requirements for different types of multimedia
- Captioning/Transcript do's and don’ts
- Audio descriptions vs Extended audio descriptions
- Sign language interpretation for live events
- Tips and tricks on how to make your video or live-stream more inclusive
Carie Fisher is an author, speaker, and developer who is passionate about the intersection of front-end code and UX, digital accessibility, and diversity in technology. Currently, Carie is working as a Senior Accessibility Consultant and Trainer at Deque Systems while pursuing her Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interactions at Iowa State University.In...